Confused was launched in 2006 and has grown rapidly to become one of the UK’s most loved price comparison websites.
We’re best known for offering an independent and impartial comparison on car and home insurance products. As an insurance intermediary we do a whole lot more besides.
Who we work with
- To ensure that our customers find the right product at the right price, we work with a wide range of fully authorised insurance brokers and companies, all of whom provide guaranteed online quotes based on the information you provide to us. Due to the more specialised nature of some of the products offered by our insurer partners, you may find some products can only be purchased by phoning the provider. Giving our insurance partners this option allows them to potentially offer a wider range of quotes.
- Whilst we aim to provide you with a wide range of quotes, there are some insurance providers that you will not find on comparison sites. For example, Direct Line and Aviva do not sell their insurance products via comparison sites, and these can only be purchased directly. There are also insurance providers that are unable to provide a guaranteed quote, in which case we are unable to offer their products on our price comparison site. Your personal data, privacy and security
- We will never sell on your personal information to anyone else. You can opt out of receiving calls and emails at any time, however unless you request us not to do so by opting out, we tell a provider when their quote is ranked in either position 1 or 2 and the provider may then contact you to discuss their quote.
- We take your privacy seriously and follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your information as required by law. Our privacy statement and security statement provide full details. These also form part of our Terms & Conditions.
How we make money
- We get paid by the insurance provider every time you buy through Confused.com. It costs you nothing to use Confused.com and you won't pay more for buying through us - the prices we quote are the same as if you went to the insurance provider direct.
- Please remember, if you use Confused.com but then decide to buy over the phone instead of online, please use the reference number we provide you with when you receive your quotes. That way you won't have to repeat your details and we get credit for the sale, which helps us stay in business so we can help you get another great insurance deal next year.
- I-Wonder Aggregator Services Limited T/A Confused is a limited company in England and Wales, registration number: 06742731. Registered address: 3 Warren Farm Barns, Micheldever, SO21 3FL. I-Wonder Aggregator Services Limited T/A Confused are an Appointed Representative of ITC Compliance Ltd who are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Register number is 557746. Our permitted business is general insurance mediation.